Review app for Fedora

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 20:25:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 01:18:27PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:51:39 +0100
> Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > With the work recently done on fedora-review [1], I started to wonder
> > if it would be interesting to work on an app dedicated to review RPM
> > package for Fedora.
> >
> > I got myself day dreaming about:
> ...snip...
>
> So, the advantages would be:
>
> - Could run the review tool on the package whenever it updated.
> - git history could be kept.
> - Could possibly require some level of completness before filing the
>   review.

- We could have tighter integration with pkgdb/pkgs.fedoraproject.org/koji
  (for instance, automating the creation of package branches when a review
  is marked approved).

> Disadvantages would be:
>
> - Another service/code we need to maintain.
> - Possibly having to deal with junk uploads unless we filter things
>   well.

Documentation updates and workflow changes (Not so much a disadvantage as
one-time work to perform).

I know having a dedicated web app for this sort of thing was discussed when
Fedora Extras was new.  I think that it was just not implemented because we
didn't have time and bugzilla worked well enough to get us what we
absolutely needed.

-Toshio