Hello, I'm new here.

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Apr 21 18:07:40 UTC 2012

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 11:30:07 -0300
Domício Medeiros <domicio.medeiros at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why isn't it my place? I want to learn things related to Desktop
> Development, drivers.. I don't know. I studied a lot of Web
> Development, but I don't like it.

Greetings.

Well, Fedora Infrastructure is setup in two broad groups:

system administration - the folks that manage, fix, deploy machines
that run the Fedora project day to day.

application development - the folks that develop/manage our in house
applications, almost all of which are web based: bodhi (updates
manager), koji (build server), pkgdb (package database), etc.

So, it sounds like you more want to work on the developed Fedora OS
that we support producing? If so, that code is mostly worked on in each
upstream community (ie, the Gnome desktop is produced from folks at
gnome.org, etc). In Fedora we have package maintainers organized into
Special Interest Groups around packging and distributing those things
in Fedora. For example: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Desktop

So, if you are interested in helping out with our in house application
development, great! I can try and point you the right way.

If you want less web application, more c/c++ coding, you might look
into some of the other sigs, or look at contributing to projects
upstream before they are built in Fedora.

Hope that helps,