Proposal: decommision fedoracommunity/stats running on app07

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 15:37:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 03:46:08PM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> Hi,
>  We have one remaining RHEL5 host - app07. It is being kept alive in order
> to keep running the fedoracommunity/stats page. After talking with Luke
> about it I went looking through the http logs for fedoracommunity on app07.
> In the last year the number of connections hitting a url mentioning
> 'statistics' page is 1994. In the last 3 months the number is 15.
>
> In the last 2 months the number is 0.
>

> I think it is not helping up to keep this one oddball host around for this.
> I'd like to suggest we decomm community/statistics and either rebuild app07
> as rhel6 or just terminate it.
>
> Is there any thing about doing this that we need to be concerned with? any
> additional worries as to what's on app07 or what is using the
> community/statistics page that I'm not thinking of?

+1 for decommissioning.

pingou got the ball rolling with a new Fedora stats app, which seems
like a good place to migrate our old fedoracommunity stats widgets to.

    http://ambre.pingoured.fr/fedora-stats2/index.html
    https://github.com/pypingou/fedora-stats

If any new folks with Python skills want to help out with this, ping us
in #fedora-apps :)

luke