new web app urls discussion

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 23:17:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 03:25:02PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> The above is a summary - here is an idea from me:
>
> http://app.fedoraproject.org/<appname>/
> AND
> http://appname.fedoraproject.org/
>
> Then we can have an app landing page at app.fedoraproject.org to
> describe what facilities we have but provide for direct links to apps
> using a shorter convention.
>
> it also lets us collect apps under fedora w/o necessarily having them
> all be a single system.
>
> it's relatively future proof, too.

Another thing I've recalled from past conversations is I think we need:

https://<appname>.app.fedoraproject.org/ if we want the cookies that drive
SSO to work.  We can, of course, decide that SSO is a non-goal.

Also, I assume that "appname" doesn't always give an applications' proper
name here.  ie: appname = 'updates' rather than appname = 'bodhi' ?

-Toshio