mulling the idea of a Infrastructure Security FAD (fedora activity day)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jun 15 16:54:14 UTC 2012

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:34:51 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 08:09:26PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > I think this would be a good focus. We are looking at a 2 day
> > work-fest (meaning many people would be block out 4 days (2 to
> > travel, 2 to work)) and I think that would take up most of that 2
> > days. The next primary focus would be mapping what we have and how
> > they talk to each other. Getting to know what is around and how it
> > talks to everything is a time consuming task but once it is done,
> > it makes figuring out what is left out in the wind, what we care
> > about and what we don't much easier.
> >
> I've been thinking about the idea of having a FAD and I agree with
> smooge about limiting the topics we're trying to achieve.  I know
> that my ability to finish projects at FUDCon has gone down over the
> past few years because the number of projects that I'm involved in at
> a given FUDCon has gone up. It seems to me that FADs are designed for
> getting things done.  So it would be great for us to focus on just
> one project (example topic: security; example project: enable 2
> factor auth).  If we have three days and we finish 2 factor in two
> days, we can always decide to work on a new security-related project
> then.

Yeah, I think having that perhaps as a primary goal and listing other
possible things as 'if we can get to them' might be best.

One issue is that it might be 2 people are implementing something
related to 2 factor and others have to wait for that to be done before
they can do their part, they could work on something else.

But I agree, we should try and focus...