GSoC idea to setup Gitlab for Fedora Hosted, looking for mentors

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 19:17:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 20:34, Buddhike Kurera <bckurera at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> Hello
>
> Thanks for taking time to propose an idea.

Sure thing!

> Dan , as you are the one whose familiar with the idea, why dont you
> step in as the mentor?
> if you want support you can ask others to co-mentor the idea, that
> make sure the student is
> supported even though you follow busy schedules.

While I'm excited about it, I wouldn't be an effective mentor. Atm, I'm
chronically over-tasked and already struggle to keep up with what I'm
already committed to. More significantly, system administration is not my
strong suit...I can get by :) To be fair to the student, they should have
someone who can give them better advice than I can.

I'll certainly track the development of the project and remove what
barriers I can. Finger crossed that this initiative lines up with someone's
area of focus.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen