Idea for a webapp: "Fedora Oculum"

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 04:19:56 UTC 2013

Hi Ralph,

On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 11:38 -0400, Ralph Bean wrote:
> I started a new webapp over the weekend and Seth helped me get it set
> up on a cloud node this morning at http://209.132.184.189/
>
> The idea is that you'll be able to click through the user's avatars to
> their profile page at, for instance, http://209.132.184.189/pingou.
>
> The charts from their page are embeddable, so we can use it like
> gravatar.com.  Pierre could embed
> http://209.132.184.189/pingou/radar/?style=dark_solarized on his wiki
> page or personal site.
>
> It would need lots of cleaning work:
>
>   - The charts' data gets swamped out by the mass branch.  Some
>     math.log can help take care of that.
>   - The 'dots' chart needs a 'widescreen' aspect ratio.  Not yet sure
>     how to do that.
>   - It would be cool to be able to click on the dots from the dot
>     chart and be taken to a page listing the actual events of that
>     day.
>   - It needs good end-user docs.
>   - I need to figure out the click through for that front page.
>   - Packaging and more..
>
> I think its neat but I'm looking for feedback.  Is this an idea I should
> pursue?  Is it something we want?

I think it's a really good idea. We are slightly a developer focused
community. It'll be good to show what our developers are up to, how much
they work, what they work on. It'll encourage developers, and would also
encourage more developers folks to join the community.

Just a quick glance. I'm sure others will have a lot of other, much more
detailed input on this.

--
Thanks,
Warm regards,