Fedocal to prod

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Apr 24 20:11:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 21:13:36 +0200
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> The fedocal application has been running smoothly on staging [1] for
> few weeks now. We had some issues with the emails but figured it out
> and it is now working fine.
>
> We are considering moving it to prod. If you have not tested it yet,
> you can still do so and report any eventual problem you encounter.
> Otherwise I think we will move to prod pretty soon.
>
> Just a remark, there is a redirection issue when login in, you might
> need to re-add the .stg. in the url.
> Hopefully, once in prod it won't redirect to .stg :)

Yeah, that should be fixed once we add it to prod I think.

Anyhow, same two questions I had with blockerbugs:

a) we should see if we can have it run fine in selinux enforcing mode.
If possible, we should deploy it enforcing.

b) we need to add some nagios checks for the production instances. What
would be a good thing to check from the web to confirm that it's
answering and the db is good, it's updating, etc? Some applications
have a special /heartbeat/ url that outputs info, or we could just
scrape it from existing pages.

Otherwise looks good to me.