About cnucnu web

Christopher Meng cickumqt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 03:36:54 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon
<pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> As you may know, over the last few weeks I have been working on a small project
> called (for the moment) cnucnu web.
> You can already see it in place at: http://209.132.184.188/cnucnu/

[cut]

> So, what I would like to ask is:
> * what do you think of the project? Worth pursuing or not?

Really really nice and helpful for tracking. Thanks.

> * Where should it live?
> * Domain name suggestions? (release-monitoring.org, cnucnu.org, cnucnuweb.org,
> <insert here you own idea>?)

releases-monitoring.org maybe the best among these three. I think some
guys may already know ROSA's ABI tracker and use it for comparing
ABI/API differences. http://upstream-tracker.org. It's free and open
for all users without OS limitation. And users can know its usage from
the name quickly.

> So if we agree to get it up and running, I foresee few steps:
> * Check with legal if there are any limitations (ie: can we put non-FOSS projects
> in there?)

This depends on which operating system does the user choose.

--

Yours sincerely,
Christopher Meng

Noob here.