November status update for Fedora Infrastructure Apprentices

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 00:29:46 UTC 2013

Hi

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Anshu Prateek  wrote:

> mm, the task I am working on started as a simple "improve"
> latency/performance of askbot which evolved into upgrade 0.7.49 which
> became packaged 0.7.49. I am mostly done, now only packaging and testing on
> fedora/rawhide is left.

For the record,  for every update so far, I have usually tried it in Fedora
first, test it for a while and then commit and build it for Fedora and if
things work out well, test and commit it in EPEL, moving into staging and
then production.  Atleast during the initial period when we adopted askbot,
there were a lot more bugs that we reported upstream and got fixed.  Things
seems to be more stable now atleast for our needs (though certainly not bug
free) and it might useful to follow a consistent strategy.   Thanks for
helping out!

Rahul