Summary/Minutes from today's Fedora Infrastructure meeting (2013-09-12)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Sep 16 14:58:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:25:04 +0200
Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 09/13/2013 06:40 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > I think we can pretty much look at opening it up where it is, then
> > see how things are resource wise before announcing it more widely?
>
> *nod*
> Only thing what worries me is disk space.
> Currently I have from Fedora Cloud 200 GB. According to my
> calculations this will last 20 days. So I'm looking for more disk
> space now. I know I can get little bit more from Fedora Cloud, but
> I'm looking for something in order of terabytes. I have some
> negotiations running right now, we will see... But if you know about
> few terabytes which are laying around, then let me know :)

:)

There's also some other considerations here:

When we first setup our cloud, we setup the storage for volumes on just
the head node. The other 5 nodes in the mix also have storage. Over
time we added another nodes storage to it, but haven't done anything
with the other 4. Thats a bit spread out however, volumes can only be
on one of them, so while it allows for more volumes, it doesn't allow
for one really large volume.

Our cloud setup is isolated from the rest of the network in the
datacenter it's at. So, for example it couldn't talk to any of our
netapp storage or the like.

We have had an offer to use another cloud in RH, it might be a good
place to setup a more 'production' coprs if we decide to use it.
See:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/meetbot/meetbot/teams/infrastructure/infrastructure.2013-09-12-19.00.log.html#l-175
for more info.

I'm not sure how much disk we could get there, but might be a good deal
more than we have in our private cloud.