Migrating to our own bugzilla instance.

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 14:36:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/18/2013 01:24 PM, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
>>

>> I'm totally on board with moving away from Bugzilla if there are serious
>> issues with using it.  However, EPEL is a Fedora SIG, not something run by
>> RHEL. And I would totally expect it to be supported by the Fedora Project.
>

> All the packages already exist and are available in Fedora
>
> Epel has nothing to do with Fedora absolutely nothing.
>
> It's an extra package repository for RHEL it belongs with RHEL or in it's
> own separated EPEL infrastructure with it's own policy's and aligned with
> RHEL and or some of it's clones ( SL/Centos/Oracle etc ).

If you want the Fedora Project to be something larger than a desktop
then please stop trying to throw out things that lots of people in the
Fedora community create that isn't a desktop. While EPEL has nothing
to do with Fedora's traditional product, it has a lot to do with the
Fedora community building new and useful things for both the Fedora
Project to use as well as those outside the immediate Fedora
community. Since *we* use EPEL, it clearly has something to do with
*us*.

John