idea: collect #help in meetings, display it somewhere

David Gay dgay at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 15:27:27 UTC 2014

> Zodbot has a thing where #help items can be raised during meetings. It would
> be awesome if we could collect these somewhere and display them, so people
> looking for stuff to do could find them -- right now, they really just go
> into the ether.
>
> Is zodbot hooked up to fedmsg? That seems like a relatively easy way to at
> least collect them, and then some datagrepper-based frontend....

I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that there are badges for participating in and #chair-ing an IRC meeting. Though that info might come from the meeting logs -- not sure. Even without hooking it up to zodbot, we could parse the meeting minutes for #help items and get them that way. Though it seems to me fedmsg would definitely be the slicker option.

> (Also, assuming zodbot _is_ hooked up or could be.... could it be made to
> e-mail the meetingminutes automatically? (To meetingminutes for sure,
> and maybe also to other lists based on a per-meeting-name configuration?)

Man, I never even noticed that they weren't already automatically sent out to participants. Seems like it'd be easy to do though.

-- David