Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Graham Williamson

Graham Williamson graham at williamsonsinc.id.au
Tue Jan 7 12:15:01 UTC 2014

Hello,

My name is Graham Williamson and my IRC nick is willo.  I'm currently
working as a cyber security consultant, in order to support my geek
addiction.  Accordingly, I've got pretty broad coverage of a lot of
areas.  I'd say that, I'm very strong on networking, not just on the OS,
but also on physical (and virtual) network infrastructure.  I've got
significant experience on Cisco technologies (LAN through to carrier
technologies) and some experience on Avaya/Nortel equipment.  For the
last 3 years, system administration has been a big part of my job
description, all of which has been on RHEL and CentOS servers.  This has
covered a range of services from VoIP, billing and
infrastructure/security monitoring systems through to Satellite, IPA and
KVM/LXC/Xen virtualization platforms.

I've had a look at the various FIG's and I think I'd be a fit for either
sysadmin-build, sysadmin-hosted or sysadmin-tools.  I'm open to other
suggestions, if you think I might be a good fit somewhere else or if
these teams have sufficient members, and other areas are lacking.  I'm
always keen to learn new and different things.  sysadmin-noc would
definitely be a possibility, except that I can't have a pager at work,
and I've got 3 kids, so I've don't have any goods left to sell (they're
all either broken, dribbled on or covered in food and buried in the
sandpit). :)  I've got experience to varying degrees in the majority of
the "required skills" areas.  As for outstanding issues, this one seems
right up my alley,
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/833, also this one
(if it's still valid)

My introduction to Linux was Fedora Core 2 and I was seduced by Ubuntu
for a while, but now I'm back on Fedora and I'm very seen to contribute.

Cheers,
Willo