Atomic status

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 18 20:57:09 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:37:42AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> At a high level, it feels to me like what we really want for Atomic is a
> "staging" release.  We need something where interested parties can try
> it, provide feedback, and we can iterate.

Once we have the basic stuff discussed in the other thread, we will have F21
and rawhide nightlies. We could make an alternative spin kickstarts in
either of those branches to test with.

> But we just don't have a way to do this right now.  There's COPR for RPM
> content, which works well, but we don't (to my knowledge) have a way to
> create a fork of Koji itself to try patches there and distribute that
> content.  Or do we?  Would the alternative architecture approach work
> here?

I'm missing why a Koji fork would be needed (except for staging improvements
to the future tree compose plugin or whatever)... can you elaborate?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>