Bugzilla components of retired packages

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Thu Apr 2 08:37:11 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 05:02:35PM -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 04/01/2015 03:29 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:
> >But if someone from pkgdb side could give an example of how to query for fully
> >retired packages, that would help. Even if it's not part of pkgdb in the short
> >term, if there's a way to do that query now I'd be happy to send a request to
> >bugzilla admins to manually hide all the long retired components.
>
> I was bored and came up with this:
>
> http://fpaste.org/206204/92520914/
>
> I let it run for a few minutes and saw it was going to take a long time.
> I'll let it run overnight and post the list when it's done.

Retrieving the list of retired packages from pkgdb is the easy step:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/api/#list_packages

So this should do it:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/api/packages?status=Retired&eol=True

If we want, we can also directly run it against the database (as we do for the
pkgdb-sync-bugzilla script), in which case we can use:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/pkgdb2/blob/master/utility/pkgdb-sync-bugzilla#L50-L61
to load the pkgdb2 module and then to search the packages use:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/pkgdb2/blob/master/pkgdb2/lib/__init__.py#L667

Pierre