Proper SSL cert for fed-cloud09?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Feb 5 15:02:44 UTC 2015

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 10:05:22 +0100
Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/05/2015 01:13 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Could we instead call it 'openstack.cloud.fedoraproject.org' or
> > 'controller.cloud.fedoraproject.org' or something? Not sure if that
> > needs us to rename/reinstall the node, or can just be done in the
> > cert...
>
> It can be just cname + name in cert. Reinstall is quite fast with
> ansible, that is no problem. I automated all but one workaround
> (there is still usually need one reboot).

Sure, true.

> > Along those same lines, how about we move the existing host
> > playbooks to a group/openstack-controller.yml (currently just
> > fed-cloud09, but I'd like to see if we can allocate one machine
> > moving forward to be our test for the 'next' openstack) and
> > group/openstack-compute.yml (fed-cloud10/11, but some more will be
> > installed next week) to make them more generic and ready for more
> > nodes?
>
> Compute node is already in roles/cloud_compute/tasks/main.yml so
> migration to groups should be easy (not my priority thou).

Sure. Just makes more sense to me.

> I see no
> benefits in migrating controller playbook to group or roles. It is
> only one. I +1 to controller-next instance, because upgrade of
> OpenStack is not supported. However those playbook will be quite
> different and it does not have sense to have them in one playbook
> with "when" directives.

Good point. So how about:

hosts/fed-cloud09.cloud.fedoraproject.org.yml -> hosts->
openstack-icehouse-controller.yml

hosts/fed-cloud* -> groups/openstack-icehouse-compute.yml

Of course this is all just somewhat cosmetic. I just wanted to do it
before we added more compute nodes.