[patch] DRAFT websites-replace-transifex-client-in-favor-of-zanata.patc

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 24 20:18:33 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Kévin Raymond
<shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi there, I have nothing set up top properly send patch through email,
> but this is just a first draft in order to get review.
>
> As we are moving translations to zanata, websites have to pull
> translations from there.
> This patch:
> - suppose transifex translation is frozen. Not pulling from there
> anymore, we can drop the transifex-client support
> - installs zanata-python-client
> - don't set up correct API KEY. I don't know how to define this
> (replacing (fedoraDummyTransifexPassword)
> - sync translations on the previous directory (oh, we might remove the
> previous archive. Is there a way with puppet to remove a directory at
> first setup ?)
>
> -we need to check it, and edit our Makefiles accordingly (on the
> websites repository)
>
> It would be nice to use zanata ASAP.
> Please, give me your thoughts. Even If I have to split the patch (to
> remove transifex..)
> Also, I have no idea about freeze time.
>
> Cheers,

Ok, I made the change on the websites repo (alpha branch)
This is a freeze request in order to apply this 2 patches, and fix
what needs to be
(at least API KEY on the zanata template file and removing the po_dir
in the builder)

This patches are applied under my repository at shaiton at lockbox01 in any case..
Not sure how to handle syncTranslation on the stg builder... But we
locked translations under master, we might then just drop transifex
support.
I will be available tomorrow afternoon to ping you about this..

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)