[waartaa] Started working on ircb

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 20:03:07 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have started to work on refactoring/rewriting waartaa using Python
to make it ready to power the IRC communication framework needed by
Fedora hubs. I am working on a microservices based architecture rather
than a monolithic one. I started working on a versatile irc bouncer
cluster service, named, ircb[1].

A very crude implementation of a irc bouncer has already been
implemented by me using Python 3 asyncio. However, this bouncer is a
bit different than traditional IRC bouncers from the outset. ircb can
handle multiple client connections for the same connection to the IRC
network.

Currently, I am brainstorming on a ircb cluster (cluster of IRC
bouncers), and have written some design docs at [2]. Please share your
views and feedback on it.

[1]: https://github.com/waartaa/ircb
[2]: https://github.com/waartaa/ircb/wiki/Design-docs

Regards,