plan for tomorrow's irc-support-sig meeting (2010-08-19)

dj johnson drjohnson1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 01:25:07 UTC 2010

When you wanted to +op someone that is fully capable of being an op and has
a clue - I had no objection.

However, when you started in with the complete neophytes as possible next
+op candidates, I asked why ... Received no answer other than "read the
emails" to which I have in fact, been reading.  My only conclusion is that
you are feebly attempting to make some diluted point about something.

In point of fact, when I asked directly about it yesterday -- your objection
was not with the recent nomination at all, but rather with the timing of the
event.  You had said that you would prefer some solution for tickets other
than what we have available.  Fine, I get this point.  No problem here.  I
am currently at a loss for how to adequately resolve this issue to your
satisfaction.  Suggestions on this subject are welcome.

Try to keep your argument to something constructive and meaningful - for the
betterment of the community.

Suggesting +op candidates (two) that are clearly incapable of even basic
functions, such as "ln -s" (true story!) is not going to make the community
better, and only serves to ignite flames.

Please feel free to clarify what you meant, because I may have misunderstood
your point.

 -dj