Expedient path into Fedora.

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 20:13:29 UTC 2010

On 03/02/2010 03:09 PM, Scott Salley wrote:
> I have been tasked with getting us (Likewise) into Fedora in the most
> expedient manner possible (by every executive in the company, it feels
> like J ). I believe part of the goal is for us to say that Fedora N has
> Likewise and those users can go and yum likewise-open.

Sounds like a great plan.

> For likewise-open to work on Fedora, we’ve had to develop policy for
> SELinux. What is the relationship between SELinux and Fedora? If I
> submit my patches to SELinux (and they’re accepted), is Fedora 12 likely
> to get them or will only future releases for Fedora see the changes? How
> often are changes picked up?

The selinux-policy maintainer (assuming these are policy changes) is
very proactive in applying policy improvements to active branches, so
assuming Dan thinks your changes have merit, you can generally count on
him pushing them into the next update.

> Is it possible to get our software into Fedora 12? Would it make sense
> for us to get a Fedora 12 package going and then to concentrate on
> Fedora 13+?

Absolutely, although, we won't respin the ISO images for this package. :)

~spot