[fedora-java] Re: Java on Fedora faq

John M. Gabriele john_sips_tea at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 1 03:31:45 UTC 2005

--- Robin Green <greenrd at greenrd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:02:12 -0700, John M. Gabriele wrote:
> > It's starting to come along. :)
> >
> > http://www.simisen.com/jmg/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.JavaOnFedora
>
> I've gotten off my rear end and started on the fedoraproject.org version.
> I've written http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JavaStackTraces and thrown
> up a skeleton for http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JavaFAQ - which might end
> up being split up into multiple pages. (I have a tendency to write
> everything as FAQs, which means some stuff might need refactoring.)
>
> Feel free to pile on in, folks :)

It's looking good. Could use a table of contents at the top.

Regarding Swing and AWT; note that you *can* build and run simple
Swing and AWT programs using the Java that comes with Fedora. It's
just a little incomplete at the moment -- but it seems like it's
getting there rapidly. The simple Swing app I tried building and
running on my system worked fine. :)

> John - sorry for the duplication. I can give you a wiki account if you
> want.

No problem. It's great that there's so much enthusiasm out
there for GNU Java. :)