[fedora-java] Re: Java on Fedora faq

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 10:52:29 UTC 2005

On 7/31/05, John M. Gabriele <john_sips_tea at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Justin Conover <justin.conover at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > 6. I didn't install Fedora java at install time, but I want to install
> > it now. How do I do that?
> >
> > yum groupinstall "Java Development" "Eclipse"
> >

> How do you find out what strings to type for the group(s)? Where
> are they listed?

yum grouplist

You will see duplicates in the list, but you can fix that by:
you can disable grouplist from extras repo by adding
"enablegroups=0" in /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-extras.repo   \
fedora-extras-devel.repo

http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Duplicate_Grouplist_in_YUM_for_FC4

example:

$ yum grouplist | grep -i devel
   Compatibility Arch Development Support
   Java Development
   KDE Software Development
   KDE Software Development
   X Software Development
   X Software Development
   Development Tools
   Development Tools
   GNOME Software Development
   GNOME Software Development
   Legacy Software Development
   XFCE Software Development

$ yum --disablerepo=extras-development grouplist | grep -i devel