[fedora-java] avalon-framework and doclet classes

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 14:39:20 UTC 2005

Gary -

	I was trying to build something recently that required
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger from avalon-framework.

	The avalon-framework.jar file in FC4 appears to be missing this class.
I grabbed the SRPM file from rawhide and attempted to build that
instead.   The build failed with this...

  [javadoc] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.tools.doclets.standard.Standard not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:./,file:./], parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}

	I've seen this before.  It seems that our com-sun-javadoc or
com-sun-tools-doclets-Taglet jar should be on the default classpath
somehow.

	In any case, I noticed that this build of the jar file includes the
proper class, but as far as I can tell, this is the same SRPM that was
used in FC4.  Why wouldn't the FC4 jar file contain the Log4JLogger
class?

Thanks!

AG