[fedora-java] Reporting gcj bugs

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Fri Dec 29 22:01:58 UTC 2006

Hi Paul,

On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 16:30 +0000, Paul wrote:
> First is that the redraw events and quitting is bust. Assuming it's not
> just me being a numpty, the following shows the problem
> [...]
> Really simple code - it does as it's told and runs. However, move
> another window over it and the redraw does nothing when the 2nd window
> is removed to show the java app window.

This seems to work fine for me with gcj (GCC) 4.1.1 20061011 (Red Hat
4.1.1-30)

> The second is that if I click on the close window icon, it doesn't -
> instead I get the error box asking if you want to wait or terminate
> straight away.

This also seems to  work and just closes the window.

> Next one is that modal windows don't seem to be sizing themselves
> correctly...
> [...]
> (yes, I know, hide() and show() are deprecated, but that shouldn't make
> much of a difference here).
>
> Here, if GO is clicked, the modal window is opened. However, the OK
> button isn't in there as it looks as if either a redraw has failed or
> the window is too small for the button to appear in.

This also seems to work fine.

You say you have 4.1.1-47, I wonder what changed since -30. It looks
like a regression. But classpath-cvs-trunk plus jamvm also work fine.

Cheers,

Mark