[fedora-java] Re: Does anyone have working JacORB packages for FC6?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jan 3 01:56:05 UTC 2007

> (The bootclasspath hackery which the jaco script normally does doesn't work
> with gij, at least not for me.) At least the name server appears to start up
> that way, I haven't done any further testing yet.

Unfortunately, value types don't work when doing things this way due to some
type conflict between the libgcj and the JacORB classes:
gnu.javax.rmi.CORBA.RmiUtilities
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at gnu.CORBA.ObjectCreator.forName(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at gnu.javax.rmi.CORBA.DelegateFactory.getInstance(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.<clinit>(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at org.jacorb.util.ValueHandler.getRMIRepositoryID(ValueHandler.java:10)
   at org.jacorb.orb.CDROutputStream.write_value(CDROutputStream.java:2099)
Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: Incompatible types: In class
gnu.javax.rmi.CORBA.RmiUtilities: org.omg.CORBA.WStringValueHelper is not
assignable to org.omg.CORBA.portable.BoxedValueHelper
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   ...10 more

Something somewhere probably needs to be rebuilt, but if I rebuild
gnu.javax.rmi.CORBA.RmiUtilities and put it in a jar in the gcj-endorsed
directory, I get "java.lang.VerifyError: verification failed at PC 92 in
gnu.javax.rmi.CORBA.RmiUtilities:writeFields((Lorg.omg.CORBA.portable.
OutputStream;Ljava.io.Serializable;)V):
incompatible type on stack" instead, and I couldn't get that to go away.

I don't feel like hunting this mess any further right now. It works on the
university machine using Sun Java.

        Kevin Kofler