[fedora-java] Introduction to the List from OpenNMS

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 23:07:12 UTC 2008

> Gang:
>
> Hello there. I am one of the maintainers for OpenNMS, a free and open,
> enterprise-grade network management system written in Java. With the
> advent of OpenJDK we are hoping to get involved in the packaging of Java
> applications such as our own. I had lunch with gdk and Michael DeHaan
> today and it was suggested that this would be the best list for this.
>
> http://blogs.opennms.org/?p=222
>
> So I just wanted to say "howdy".

And since I just now joined myself, I wanted to say "howdy" as well.  :)

I'm guessing that there will be a lot of energy around packaging Java
applications for Fedora, now that OpenJDK is in Fedora 9.  So I may well
be driving a lot of Java folks to this list to absorb everyone's collected
wisdom.  Blame me if the rabble start tearing up the place.

--g