[fedora-java] Help Requested to Package Bedework

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Oct 2 16:14:35 UTC 2009

On 10/02/2009 08:10 AM, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> About a year ago, I suggested that BedeWork (http://bedework.org) be included. I offered to package it with some help. I unfortunately ran out of time. I now have time to package it and hopefully maintain the package. Unfortunately, I haven't written an Java code in a decade or so. I have never messed with Java packages. I also have no experience maintaining for Fedora.
>
> The problems I have:
>
> This package has a bunch of property files that you have to edit before you build/package the program. (http://www.bedework.org/downloads/3.5/BedeworkManual-3.5.pdf#page=18) These include database names, locations, user/passwords for the database, etc. I do not know if this is normal or not. I do not know how to package this, how to suggest people customize this information, etc.

Usually, I provide edited copied of these files in the src.rpm and copy
them into place.

> I have no clue about any of the build systems in Fedora, so I will need help with this as well.

This looks to be a pretty tough one to cut your teeth on :-).  There
look to be one missing dependency as well: avalon.jar (jakarta
Excalibur?), which could be pretty major.

Also, the build system seems to depend on downloading required jar files
from the bedework servers.  This will need to get changed.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com