[fedora-java] Java-sig pseudo user and commit messages incoming

Mario Torre neugens at limasoftware.net
Fri Nov 5 15:20:13 UTC 2010

Il giorno ven, 05/11/2010 alle 14.06 +0000, Dr Andrew John Hughes ha
scritto:
> On 12:55 Fri 05 Nov     , Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> > If you read Java SIG's latest meeting summary you know we decided to use
> > this mailing list for commit messages addressed to java-sig pseudo-user.
> >
> > Pseudo-user has been created and mailing list has been set-up to allow
> > commit messages from monitored packages[1] (thanks to tibbs and mjw)
> >
> > This means there will be quite a lot of messages incoming but they
> > should be easy to filter with your mail client. If you want java-sig to
> > monitor and check your commits you can add java-sig pseudo user to CC
> > for your package. For old packages follow [2]. For new packages that you
> > want to have monitored just add java-sig to CC when asking for SCM.
> > This is not mandatory (at least for now), but still encouraged :-)
> >
> > One thing to note: email of java-sig is this mailing list
> > (fedora-java at l.f.o) but emails will be comming as if from comitter's
> > email address as present in FAS. Currently ML is set-up to allow
> > messages from @fedoraproject.org mail addresses. It will reject commit
> > messages from other email addresses. If you use different mail for
> > java-devel ML and for FAS then let me know off-list and I'll add
> > exception for your email (I just don't feel like checking manually or
> > scripting this right now).
> >

> Why can't these commit messages be sent to a new mailing list rather than
> flooding this one?

I second that, I like this follow his list and some times problem here
arise that are of more general interest, but I would really like to not
have floods of commit messages (I know I can filter them, but at times
people reply to commit messages, things can become quite messy).

Cheers,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards: