[fedora-java] A script to help packaging Maven artifacts

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 12:11:46 UTC 2012

Maven is currently dominating build system in Fedora Java
packages. Autogenerating source RPM packages (or package
skeletons) from Maven artifacts isn't new idea [1], but I'm
not aware of any tool implementing such thing.

I've been recently playing a bit with Maven and I thought of
creating a tool that given a Maven groupId and artifactId would
download it along with all dependencies that are not yet
packaged for Fedora and create skeleton packages. A lot of
metadata (including Requires, BuildRequires, URLs, Description)
is already present in pom.xml files and can be easily extracted.

I could rather easily crqeate such tool. The question is, would
anyone be interested in seeing (and perhaps using) that?
If yes, please speak up and share your ideas.

Mikolaj Izdebski