[fedora-java] Maven plugin to simplify spec %install section

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 12:33:47 UTC 2012

> Yet another option is including it with javapackages-tools which
> contains rpm-packaging support already although not Maven specific. I
> see no problem with adding Maven-specific plugin even if
> javapackages-tools don't require Maven. The plugin is not going to be
> used outside Maven java artifacts anyway...

Let's say the script that invokes my plugin would be called mvn-rpminstall.
Why mvn-rpmbuild would be part part of maven package, while mvn-rpminstall
part of javapackages-tools? Both are Fedora-specific extensions to upstream
Maven. For me it would be the best to package them in the same fashion.

Mikolaj Izdebski