[fedora-java] About XMvn project

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 09:20:26 UTC 2013

> Kudos for the cleanup in Maven itself - just one small addition - in
> it's current implementation it patches what's build with it heavily.
> While it doesn't matter for packaging work if you use maven for
> development it's big change and problem. Discussions how to resolve
> this are ongoing on another thread.

That is simply not true. I would like to ask you to prove what you
are saying or refrain from spreading FUD.

> What would be more important to me are 2 other docs:
> * How to migrate from old style of doing things

First of all, that's not in domain of XMvn. That's related to new Java
guidelines (which you don't want to discuss). Secondly, this
documentation is already available and was announced on the mailing list.

> * Changes in packages (from upstream) done on purpose by xmvn (aka
> overriding compiler target to some minimum, changing poms, etc.).
> This is the main thing that needs discussion always. Note that I
> wrote "on purpose" as I'm well aware of changes that might happen by
> using different versions which is smth we have to live with.

XMvn is just a build tool. It's driven by configuration. It does
exactly what user asks it to do. Configuration options are described
in development branch available in git and it will be available in
Fedora with version 0.4.0. If you want to have impact then I welcome
you to verify the latest documentation (I'll describe how to generate
it if you are interested). If you think that there is something missing
in the documentation then we can work on improving it.

--
Mikolaj