[fedora-java] Packages that should have "java-sig" co-maintaining

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 09:48:28 UTC 2013

On 17 January 2013 00:14, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 08:39:24AM +0000, Mat Booth wrote:
>> >
>> > The very same you !

>> > I think packagedb-cli (aka pkgdb-cli) can help with that (I just fixed
>> > the problem with specifying 'all' branches yesterday).
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion. I installed your package but there is no
>> man page for the command so maybe I'm missing something. I want to
>> request "watchbugzilla" and "watchcommits" for the "java-sig" pseudo
>> user, but I couldn't see how to specify a username when doing a
>> "pkgdb-cli request." Even if I could specify a username, will it still
>> prompt me for a password that I don't know?
>>
>> If so I will probably have to do it the old fashioned way with
>> individual SCM requests.
>
> Indeed, I should make a man page, all is in --help atm and it does lack some
> information.
>
> I was more thinking along the line of
>   pkgdb-cli update <package> commit java-sig all
> But this has to be ran by the owner. You can give rights to someone that didn't
> ask for it, but you can't ask for rights for someone else, so here to make the
> requests it won't quite work.
>
> Sorry for the confusion.
>
> Pierre

Aha, thank you, that seems to be command I need. Since the usage was
not obvious to me I raised you a ticket to add a man-page containing
usage examples:

See: https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb-cli/ticket/17

However, I tried this on a package I own and I get a ServerError:

[mbooth at f17vm ~]$ pkgdb-cli update cobertura watchbugzilla java-sig all
FAS password:
ServerError(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/dispatcher/set_acl_status,
500, Internal Server Error)

I am using packagedb-cli-1.2.1-1.fc17.noarch

Any more clues you can give me?

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora