[fedora-java] Missing org/apache/maven/archetype/catalog/ArchetypeCatalog

John W. Himpel john at jlhimpel.net
Sat Oct 26 21:44:37 UTC 2013

Good evening,

I hope this is the correct place to ask this type of question, if not,
please provide a referral to the correct place.

When creating a new maven project using eclipse in F19, I get:
Problem Occurred
'Retrieving archetypes:' has encountered a problem.
An internal error occurred during "Retrieving archetypes:"
An internal error occurred during "Retrieving archetypes:".
org/apache/maven/archetype/catalog/ArchetypeCatalog.

I don't know if this is a packaging error or I haven't performed some
necessary configuration work.  Or perhaps my firewall isn't allowing
communications with a central repository.  To my knowledge, I haven't
modified any configuration settings.

Current packages that might be relevant:
maven-eclipse-plugin-2.9-5
eclipse-m2e-core

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.