[fedora-java] Unit tests in packages built with Ant

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Tue Sep 24 15:03:38 UTC 2013

Currently I am working on enabling and fixing unit tests in a few
packages and I noticed that some Ant build scripts succeed despite test
failures.  I think that's now what we want in Fedora packages.

What I am doing is patching build.xml to actually fail the build on test
failures (OFC I'll try to upstream these patches).
My current approach is modifying all JUnit tasks to be ran with
failureproperty="test.fail" and then running fail task:

  <fail message="There are test failures." if="test.fail"/>

I just thought I would share this observation so that you have in mind
that your packages may be silently ignoring test failures.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
IRC: mizdebsk