[fedora-java] java help properly packaging LightZone

Michael Simacek msimacek at redhat.com
Sun Jun 1 17:10:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

You should probably create a stripped version of the source archive without the
bundled stuff since some of them seem non-free (windows/lib/msvcr71.dll). Also
remove bundled jars, *.so, windows and macosx stuff.
Then you need to find packages providing the libraries you unbundled.
jh.jar should be provided by javahelp2 (the jar is named javahelp2.jar)
junit.jar is obviously provided by junit
script-api.jar should be provided by rhino
substance-lite.jar doesn't seem to be packaged in Fedora, but it seems like
   look-and-feel library, maybe you don't need it
medialib could be partially provided by JDK or jai-imageio-core, if not
   you'll have to package it

You need to point the build system to the right locations. You need to either
patch the build files or make symlinks to system-wide files. There is a script -
build-jar-repository that could simplify this task. Since the build file is looking
for the jars in lib/ directory, create symlinks with build-jar-repository there.

The native files that are really produced during the build belong to
%{_jnidir} (.jar files using native parts) and %{_libdir} (.so files).
See: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Java#JNI

Michael Simacek