[fedora-java] Error building Maven web app package in Rawhide

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Thu Jun 5 08:27:02 UTC 2014

On 06/05/2014 09:47 AM, Simone Caronni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with Maven building in Fedora rawhide. The same package
> builds fine in Fedora 19/20. There are no errors in the build log, just
> warnings; so the build should not fail.
>
> I'm not sure where the bug is. Maybe it's related to maven-war-plugin or a
> bug in Maven:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
> maven-war-plugin:2.4:war (default-war) on project guacamole: Mark invalid
> -> [Help 1]

This looks like this upstream bug:
  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-325

There is no fix available, but you can workaround it by disabling
filtering of certain resources, for example:

# Disable filtering of bundled JavaScript binaries, which causes
# maven-filtering to fail with IOException (see MSHARED-325).
%pom_add_plugin :maven-resources-plugin slf4j-site "
    <configuration>
      <nonFilteredFileExtensions>
        <nonFilteredFileExtension>js</nonFilteredFileExtension>
      </nonFilteredFileExtensions>
    </configuration>"

--
Mikolaj Izdebski