[fedora-java] Running the guava test suite on package build

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 09:33:39 UTC 2015

On 4 June 2015 at 09:19, Noa Resare <noa at spotify.com> wrote:

> First off I would like to say that I'm very impressed by the effort you
> have put into java packaging over the last few years. Getting a usable
> environment for offline maven execution is no small feat.
>
> One thing I noted, however, was that the unit tests for the guava library
> was not run on package build. Which seems like a reasonable compromise but
> not ideal. I decided to look into what would be needed dependency wise for
> that to happen, and I came up with the following:
>
> * updates-testing needs to be activated for the auto-value dependency.
>
> * packages truth, allocation-instrumenter and caliper needs to be
> introduced. I have created those packages and built them with guidance from
> the Java Packaging HOWTO
> <https://fedorahosted.org/released/javapackages/doc/>, the packages
> (SRPMS and mock built noarch.rpms) are available from
> https://resare.com/noa-fedora-playground/repo/22 but please beware of
> newbie packaging mistakes :)
>
> * With the dependencies handled I updated guava.spec to re-enable
> guava-testlib and guava-tests. One test was consistently failing due to new
> java8 behaviour, and I back ported a fix from guava master. The changes
> needed can be viewed in my fork of git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/guava.git
> at https://github.com/nresare/fedora-guava in the testlib-tests branch.
> The actual commit can be viewed here:
> https://github.com/nresare/fedora-guava/commit/c1a8a831b1ef0ec91509fea8066258629c215707
>
> I would love for my work to be of use in the fedora project and I'm
> willing to spend some time to land my contributions at this time. I will
> now read up on what I need to to contribute more formally.
>
> /noa
>
> --
> Spotify Free Software ombudsman. I/O Tribe.
>
> --

This is great to hear -- it sounds like useful work you have done and I
look forward to seeing your new packages appear in Fedora :-)

I assume you have seen this document already:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers?rd=PackageMaintainers/Join

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora