akonadi version mismatch?

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 17:09:38 UTC 2008

Neal Becker wrote: "In kcalendar, I have lost all appointments."

I had this, too. Scary. Thought I lost my database. It is due to the wrong
version of akonadi (a lot of error messages show up in .xsession-errors, like
the fact that dbus cannot start and guidance-power-manager always crashes, and
that akonadi v6 is required, etc).

Anyway, as for the problem, open korganizer and select show resource view from
the settings dropdown menu. It will appear at the bottom, likely, and you
might only see 3 tiny dots. Pull them up and first select the file and birthday
resources that are your REAL resouces, then unselect akonadi resource. Do this
also for addressbook. Now, you are using the actual resources again, and not
the akonadi copy (which won't be available until the correct version is
installed).

This works here.