KTorrent Web Interface Port Forward

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 02:47:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 19:06 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> Does anyone have the web interface working for KTorrent when forwarded by UPnP?
>
> Late in responding as I've been travelling, but (exactly for that
> reason) I left Ktorrent running and opened my firewall to the web
> interface so I could control it from afar. I have to say it worked
> really well, except for suddenly not responding in the last couple of
> days (which appears to have been related to a plasma crash since the
> machine didn't lose connectivity).
>
> I have UPnP turned on so it can agree with the router on what ports to
> open. Is that what you're asking about?

I was asking specifically about the web interface... did you have to
open up a port on your router/firewall to the ktorrent machine for
it's web interface? Or did you check the box to let UPnP handle that?

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )