Why Do I See some gnome stuff running on my system?

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 23:42:33 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Jud Craft wrote:
>  On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
>>I really don't want to go into a very very very old debate.
>
> Me neither.  But it had to be said.
>
> PS., Orcan.  I can't begin to imagine how you broke it like that.
> That's awesome.  :D
>
> Maybe you've got gnome-session and nautilus running at the same time
> as Plasma, though:  gnome-appearance-properties (or most of the
> gnome-control-panel programs) seem to activate gnome-settings-daemon,
> which manages the preferences for a GNOME desktop session, and may
> initialize some more GNOME desktop stuff on top of the current KDE
> desktop.

Yeah, I got amazed when it first happened. It wasn't hard though, it
was easily reproducible. You just need to resize the panel very fast.
But it doesn't happen anymore, something fixed it.

I don't know what activates the GNOME daemon on my computer. I can see
the Gnome desktop for a split of a second sometimes when I do heavy
compiling and going back and forth between full screen videos at the
same time. The funny thing is, I don't know where to file a bug :)

Some people blamed nvidia drivers, as usual. But the same thing
happened with nv too.

Orcan