I Hate the Cashew

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Tue Feb 3 17:22:38 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 16:49:48 Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 February 2009 15:32:03 Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > > The guidelines seem to indicate first things need to get passed and
> > > after they pass I can ask for sponsorship.
> >
> > Though, the usual procedure is that your first reviewer is usually your
> > sponsor.  Doing these in parallel is ok too.
> >
> > I'd be happy for Jaroslav (or other) do a first review here, and once
> > most review issues are sorted out, I (or another sponsor) give things a
> > final review before approving the pkg(s) and sponsoring you.
>
> Ok, I'm reviewing it right now, it's better to do it asap because later we
> can forgot about this packages. Still waiting for Lukas'es kio_sysinfo
> review ;-) I'll ping you when we sort out issues and we have package in
> good shape. The first one - I hate Cashew is really easy to review but the
> second one brings again flags issue :(
>
> Jaroslav
>
> > Have you created a FAS account yet?  If not, please do so... we could
> > even forgo the wait on reviews.

I've got a Fedora account. The instructions on how to ask to be sponsored are
not at all clear. It provides no navigation at all other than where there are
a list of sponsores.

Jaroslav.

I type rpmlint -i ~/rpmbuild/SRPMS/kde-plasma
ihatethecashew-0.2b-3.fc10.src.rpm and get

1 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 0 warnings.

I type rpmlint -c ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/kde-plasma-ihatethecashew.spec and get...
huh?

usage: rpmlint.py [<options>] <rpm files|specfile>
  options in:
        [-i|--info]
        [-I <error,error,>]
        [-c|--check <check>]
        [-a|--all]
        [-C|--checkdir <checkdir>]
        [-h|--help]
        [-v|--verbose]
        [-E|--extractdir <dir>]
        [-p|--profile]
        [-V|--version]
        [-n|--noexception]
        [-f|--file <config file to use instead of ~/.rpmlintrc>]

believed to be clean.