Save Session still missing

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 14:03:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-07 at 11:10 +0000, Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
> On Saturday 07 February 2009 00:45:55 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > I just installed 4.2 from updates-testing. I can't believe there's still
> > no way to manually save a session, and hence make the Session Management
> > option "Restore from Manually Saved Session" anything more than
> > ornamental.
>
> Are you saying there was no "save" option in the logout screen?
>
> I just quickly checked this and had to select "start with empty session" in
> the session manager first to get the Save Icon to stick in the Log Out
> options, when I then chose "restore manually saved session" the Save Icon was
> still there. So something is amiss possibly.

Abject apologies. It is indeed on the logout screen. I believe it used
to be somewhere else (at least in KDE 3.5) which is why I hadn't seen
it.

However I wonder about the logic of putting it there. Surely the point
of the button is to save the session once you've set it up to your
liking. If you only wanted to save it just before logging out, you would
use the "restore previous session" option.

poc