Save Session still missing

Colin J Thomson - G6AVK colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 14:35:09 UTC 2009

On Saturday 07 February 2009 14:03:38 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-02-07 at 11:10 +0000, Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
> > On Saturday 07 February 2009 00:45:55 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > > I just installed 4.2 from updates-testing. I can't believe there's
> > > still no way to manually save a session, and hence make the Session
> > > Management option "Restore from Manually Saved Session" anything more
> > > than ornamental.
> >
> > Are you saying there was no "save" option in the logout screen?
> >
> > I just quickly checked this and had to select "start with empty session"
> > in the session manager first to get the Save Icon to stick in the Log Out
> > options, when I then chose "restore manually saved session" the Save Icon
> > was still there. So something is amiss possibly.
>
> Abject apologies. It is indeed on the logout screen. I believe it used
> to be somewhere else (at least in KDE 3.5) which is why I hadn't seen
> it.

You could be right, but its so long since I used 3.5 I cannot remember either
:)

> However I wonder about the logic of putting it there. Surely the point
> of the button is to save the session once you've set it up to your
> liking. If you only wanted to save it just before logging out, you would
> use the "restore previous session" option.

Fair point..
I see in Kickoff if you move along to the "leave tab" save session is there
but its not an option in the Classic Kmenu as far as I can see.

Colin
--
Fedora 10 (Cambridge)
Registered Linux user number #342953