Could/should the new nvidia driver be added to the release candidate live release ?

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Jan 16 00:40:22 UTC 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009 20:57:36 Linuxguy123 wrote:
> Excellent work, Rex.  Way to have an open mind and ask questions.
>
> You spin it and I'll test it.  Let me know when its ready.
>
> I'm dying to see how KDE4 is supposed to work on my laptop.

Without being too pessimistic about the issue be prepared to be disappointed.
Several times (against my will FWIW) I was forced to support computers with
nvidia graphic cards and several times I had problems with the proprietary
nvidia drivers.

Some of those problems are known for a long time and nothing is done. :-(
In one of the latest we had to run a script at the start-up to pass the driver
some options because otherwise the performance was really awful.

In those cases kde wiki is your friend.

--
José Abílio