Ooops, we made Linus leave : (choices and punishment)

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 00:39:02 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>

>>> In fact, most of the time I'm using applications - kmail, knode, Firefox
>>> - and I just want to get to them as simply and quickly as possible.
>>> I realize this is sacrilege, but I actually think
>>> Windows XP is much better organized from this point of view.
>>> except for the multiple desktop idea, which I find great.
>>
>> How is Windows XP better in this regard?
>
> Applications installed in Fedora/KDE may or may not
> appear in the F-menu, and if they do appear there
> I find it impossible to predict where they will appear,
> eg does anyone understand the difference between Administration,
> System and Settings?
> I find no such ambiguity in the Control Panel under Windows.

Hey Timothy I am trying to determine if there is a valid problem that
deserves a report. You referred specially to kmail, knode and Firefox,
but you start of by mentioning the Administration, System and Settings
menu -- I am not sure how that is relevant to comparing your use cases
on Fedora and WinXP as neither of those apps fall under those
categories.

There used to be a control panel type app in Fedora, but no one cared
about it, so it died off.

But back on the question, how is your usage of these type of apps
easier in WinXP than in Fedora?

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )