Ooops, we made Linus leave : (choices and punishment)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 28 10:33:32 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 06:35:11 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> It there isn't or a developer can't take constructive criticism then what
> the heck are both of us doing here.

And there's the nub.  I've seen little or no constructive criticism on mailing
lists.  What I have seen is wishes reported in bugzilla reports, and being met
in newer releases.  That's pretty constructive on the part of some people,
users and developers, isn't it?

I see developments in 4.2 that I don't really like, and won't use, but I also
know that others have requested those features.  Why should my preference
override theirs?  I don't have to use them.