Amarok 2.2.0 broken?

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 20:40:18 UTC 2009

On Sunday 11 October 2009 19:57:03 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 19:12 +0200, Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> > > More info: the "missing" stuff is in ~/.config/autostart (sometimes it
> > > pays to read the Help :-). I don't know why some things are in one
> > > place and some in another, but that's the way it is.
> > >
> > > I tried simply removing ~/.config/autostart/Amarok.desktop (and the
> > > other Amarok config files as before), making sure Amarok was not
> > > running, and starting it up again.
> > >
> > > No dice. It still doesn't work.
> >
> > Oh...I should ask alll the questions
> >
> > 1) Did you recently move your music files?
>
> No.
>
> > 2) Are the permissions on the music files OK?
>
> Yes.
>
> > 3) If your accessing your music through a linked directory does the link
> > still exist?
>
> N/A
>
> > 4) Do you have access to your codecs which should be stored in either:
> >

> > x86_64 based installation
> > ---------------------------
> >      /usr/lib64/codecs
> >
> > with softlinks to
> >
> >       /usr/lib64/win32
> >       /usr/lib/codecs
> >      /usr/lib/win32
> >

> > i386 based installation
> > ---------------------------
> >      /usr/lib/codecs
> >
> > with a softlink to
> >
> >       /usr/lib/win32
>
> Yes.
>
> > Did something happen to the codecs directory?
>
> No.
>
> > Are the proper permissions set to to your codecs?
>
> I haven't touched them.
>
> > These are some of the questions I would ask?
>
> To be clear: the earlier version of Amarok (2.1.x) was working perfectly
> and I haven't changed any of the things you mention.
>
> Full disclosure: I should note that I first tried 2.2.0 when it was in
> updates-testing and noticed the problem at that time. I didn't report it
> then because I thought it was so obvious that lots of people would be
> seeing it (my bad). I just went back to 2.1.x using "yum downgrade" and
> everything worked again. Then when 2.2 appeared in updates I updated
> once more, but it turns out to be the same version that hadn't worked
> for me and yum will no longer allow me to downgrade easily.
>
> One more thing (this may be important): on normal startup Amarok gives a
> bunch of console messages, some of which are related to QT. I enclose a
> copy for your delectation. I'll post the same thing to BZ.
>
> poc

Hi,

I see same console messages when I start amarok (see attachement), but there
are also some differences. You have "building tree with 0 leafs.", I have
"building tree with 1 leafs." May be important are the messages:

QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Browsers dock/QDockWidget) Negative sizes (100,-1)
are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/QDockWidget) Negative sizes (242,-1)
are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Browsers dock/QDockWidget) Negative sizes (100,-1)
are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/QDockWidget) Negative sizes (242,-1)
are not possible

These are not in my output.

Martin Kho