nfs mount problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 23 17:43:51 UTC 2010

Reply to All / Reply to List
On Friday 23 April 2010 18:24:18 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> On Friday 23 April 2010 20:11:21 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Reply to All / Reply to List

> Ahh... Didn't read carefully enough. Did you indicate in  /etc/exports the
> correct permssions
>
> ie:
>
> /directory1  comp1(rw,sync) comp2(rw,sync) comp3(rw,sync)
>

> Where comp1, comp2, comp3 are the ips of the computers or there resolvable
> names either from the hosts file or dns.
>
> If you've just added the appropriate permissions without running:
>
> exportfs -r
>
> you will have problems connecting to the folder

Eli, you know how reliable my memory is, these days.  I can only say that I've
touched nothing on the server.  As far as I can recall, I set up the old
laptop, and indeed the netbook, to mount the directory in fstab, and
everything 'just worked'.

To complicate matters even more - I've just discovered that I can open files
from several other folders under that mount.  The problem appears to be
confined to the spreadsheets folder.

-rwxrwxr-x  1 anne users 18747 Apr  2 10:05 fuelUsed.ods

is a typical listing.  In all cases that equates to 500:100.