KDE 4.4.0 testers: please update to soprano-2.4.0.1-1

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 20:42:49 UTC 2010

Benjamin K. Stuhl wrote:

> Per http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen/?id=1602 , virtuoso is now
> the only supported nepomuk backend, so if you have
> soprano-backend-sesame2 installed, you should probably uninstall it
> after you've started KDE 4.4 once to migrate your Nepomuk data.

That is good to hear. Virtuoso appears to be indexing very well at this end and
regularly checks every time I log in, it seems. There is quite a large data base.
It is cooperating with strigi and both daemons run and I have no problems with them
(except for the unfortunate issue of yesterday with sesame2). They even work on my
laptop without issue, except that it is not quite powerful enough, so it disables
compositing while indexing.

The problem: I read the article that the aforementioned link points to, but
whenever I type anything into the search field in Dolphin, the nepomuk selectors
appear, as both described and illustrated, but the search button remains dimmed and
I cannot ever perform any search or use the nepomuk database in any way whatsoever!

Also, there was supposed to be some way to use krunner (F2) to do searches, but I
have the same problem: type anything and nothing happens.

All that indexing is for nought. Is there no way I can meaningfully access it yet?